When shipping hoodies, it is important to accurately estimate their weight to calculate the correct shipping costs. Overestimating the weight can result in overpaying for shipping while underestimating the weight can result in underpaying and potential penalties.
Factors affecting the weight of a hoodie
- Size: Adult hoodies are typically heavier than children's hoodies.
- Material: Heavier materials, such as fleece or cotton, will result in a heavier hoodie. Lighter materials, such as polyester or blends, will result in a lighter hoodie.
- Thickness: Thicker hoodies will be heavier than thinner hoodies.
- Features: Hoodies with additional features, such as zippers, pockets, or embroidery, will be heavier than hoodies without these features.
Estimated weights for hoodies
- Adult hoodie: 16-25 ounces (454-709 grams)
- Children's hoodie: 12-16 ounces (340-454 grams)
- Plus-size hoodie: 25-30 ounces (709-850 grams)
Tips for estimating the weight of a hoodie
- If you have a similar hoodie on hand, weigh it to get an accurate estimate.
- If you do not have a similar hoodie, use the estimated weights above as a guide.
- If you are unsure of the weight of a hoodie, it is always best to err on the side of caution and estimate the weight higher.
By accurately estimating the weight of a hoodie, you can ensure that you are paying the correct amount for shipping. This can help you save money and avoid potential penalties.
At VS Tees, accurately gauging a hoodie's weight ensures you're charged the right shipping fee, optimizing costs and sidestepping possible surcharges.